One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A place of special cultural significance to a particular Aboriginal group.‘there are a number of sacred Aboriginal sites that need protection’
- ‘There has been poor representation of Aboriginal sites on National and Territory heritage registers.’
- ‘Residents declined to recognise registered Aboriginal sites in the region at the same time as they memorialised the place of a remembered massacre.’
- ‘There are a number of sacred Aboriginal sites that need protection from 'developments'.’
- ‘The terms and conditions provide for protection of Aboriginal sites.’
- ‘The recognition and preservation of significant Aboriginal sites was also vital in helping to reconstitute a sense of place.’
- ‘He was an early advocate of the conservation of Aboriginal sites.’
- ‘We had the privilege of visiting aboriginal sites and learning about the wonderfully rich Warumungu culture.’
- ‘The Council has stepped in to prompt discussions between Aboriginal elders and parties interested in developing tourism at two significant Aboriginal sites.’
- ‘He works in consultation with the Junbung Elders to identify, protect and preserve Aboriginal sites and places of cultural significance.’
- ‘As well as undertaking archaeological research on Aboriginal sites, we were involved in implementing legislation designed to protect Aboriginal heritage.’
2A place which shows evidence of Aboriginal occupation.‘archaeological research on Aboriginal sites’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.