One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And I would like the abolishment of the offside rule.’
- ‘It follows the abolishment of the Working Families' Tax Credit, Disabled Person's Tax Credit and Children's Tax Credit, which is being replaced by two new tax systems.’
- ‘They demanded the abolishment of Ministry of Education Decree No.501 / 1993, which obliges female students not to cover their ears with their headscarves when taking photographs for their school IDs.’
- ‘Largely in this tradition, Marx believed that differences in economic wealth are the ultimate cause of human misfortune, and therefore needed abolishment, along with class society.’
- ‘Originally staged in January 1904, the play is set after the abolishment of serfdom, but well before the Bolshevik Revolution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.