One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The dramatic crisis stems from Galileo's enforced abjuration in 1633 of his belief in a heliocentric universe.’
- ‘He was condemned in 1595 ‘on grave suspicion of heresy’ and forced to make a formal public abjuration.’
- ‘The response among younger women to this dilemma, at least in the feverish imagination of the media, has been an abjuration of femininity.’
- ‘Who speaks these terrible abjurations, Kafka the man or Kafka the artist?’
- ‘The Inquisition had accepted Cardano's private abjuration, extracting a promise from him never to teach or publish in the Papal States again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.