One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Who speaks these terrible abjurations, Kafka the man or Kafka the artist?’
- ‘The Inquisition had accepted Cardano's private abjuration, extracting a promise from him never to teach or publish in the Papal States again.’
- ‘The dramatic crisis stems from Galileo's enforced abjuration in 1633 of his belief in a heliocentric universe.’
- ‘He was condemned in 1595 ‘on grave suspicion of heresy’ and forced to make a formal public abjuration.’
- ‘The response among younger women to this dilemma, at least in the feverish imagination of the media, has been an abjuration of femininity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.