One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The former dictator was the picture of bedraggled abjectness: mouth forced open, eyes staring glassily.’
- ‘United's abjectness was pivotal to them being routed by Rangers on Wednesday.’
- ‘He must shoulder some responsibility for the abjectness of the past season.’
- ‘Is there no limit to the abjectness of the Church's response to terror?’
- ‘The worst humiliation of contemporary religious life is the abjectness of needing God and a community badly enough even to sit through this.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.