One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He can't bear the fact that ‘the deception and abjection that filled his own soul was what he saw also in others, always.’’
- ‘In a stunning affirmation of the artistic impulse, they made beauty out of abjection, and that, at least, is a triumph.’
- ‘His intensely physical lead performance careens from raving belligerence to groveling abjection.’
- ‘Immediately we turn to expressions of hope and faith, of God's history of faithfulness, before turning to words of abjection and humility.’
- ‘The struggle between abundance and abjection is an age-old story that has left physical and psychic scars on the watery landscape of the Delta.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.