One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The struggle between abundance and abjection is an age-old story that has left physical and psychic scars on the watery landscape of the Delta.’
- ‘Immediately we turn to expressions of hope and faith, of God's history of faithfulness, before turning to words of abjection and humility.’
- ‘His intensely physical lead performance careens from raving belligerence to groveling abjection.’
- ‘He can't bear the fact that ‘the deception and abjection that filled his own soul was what he saw also in others, always.’’
- ‘In a stunning affirmation of the artistic impulse, they made beauty out of abjection, and that, at least, is a triumph.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.