Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
See abidingas submodifier ‘an abidingly mysterious quality’
- ‘Moreover, the fragmentary form reveals an abidingly mysterious quality in even the most conventional texts of classic Hollywood.’
- ‘Both were abidingly restless - and each spent much of his working life abroad.’
- ‘Surely the Levites did not imagine their work to be so abidingly important.’
- ‘The problem may be abidingly poor translation and localization of documents.’
- ‘It is abidingly important to show that this country stands for freedom for every faith.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.