One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Watchers are notorious pencil sharpeners, ribbon changers, plant waterers, home repairers and abhorrers of messy rooms or messy pages.’
- ‘This is how they behave, these ‘liberationists’ and ‘democrats’, these foes of conspiracy, these abhorrers of secrecy!’
- ‘With such notoriety, however, come both admirers and abhorrers.’
- ‘Your enemies and abhorrers look on with mild amusement.’
- ‘Allowing companies to choose their compliancy would satisfy both adorers and abhorrers of the law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.