One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With such notoriety, however, come both admirers and abhorrers.’
- ‘Watchers are notorious pencil sharpeners, ribbon changers, plant waterers, home repairers and abhorrers of messy rooms or messy pages.’
- ‘Your enemies and abhorrers look on with mild amusement.’
- ‘Allowing companies to choose their compliancy would satisfy both adorers and abhorrers of the law.’
- ‘This is how they behave, these ‘liberationists’ and ‘democrats’, these foes of conspiracy, these abhorrers of secrecy!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.