One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This is how they behave, these ‘liberationists’ and ‘democrats’, these foes of conspiracy, these abhorrers of secrecy!’
- ‘Your enemies and abhorrers look on with mild amusement.’
- ‘Watchers are notorious pencil sharpeners, ribbon changers, plant waterers, home repairers and abhorrers of messy rooms or messy pages.’
- ‘Allowing companies to choose their compliancy would satisfy both adorers and abhorrers of the law.’
- ‘With such notoriety, however, come both admirers and abhorrers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.