One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All Basset titles became abeyant or extinct before publication of the series began.’
- ‘Where other, more vigorous incentives are abeyant they can be expected to assume increased prominence.’
- ‘In 1986 Her Majesty agreed to comply with the advice proffered to her by the Lords regarding abeyant peerages.’
- ‘So I believe that this ancient and storied office is once again abeyant.’
- ‘Have reserves of force, impoverished and abeyant under an older-fashioned up-bringing, been called into activity and use by new regimes of thought and training?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.