One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They would plead as aiders and abettors and get a lesser sentence.’
- ‘However, difficulties arise when the crime committed by the principal offender is more serious than initially envisaged by the abettors.’
- ‘Those found guilty of misusing this sad incident for their sinister purpose should be properly punished as abettors of murder and mayhem.’
- ‘It leads right to those who would seek to prosecute critics of these administrations as abettors and defenders of terrorism.’
- ‘You can be an aider and abettor in a manslaughter, notwithstanding that your activity did not cause the death.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.