Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Three years is too short a time to address that deep-seated aberrancy.’
- ‘An aberrancy in the pharynx cannot yet be ruled out.’
- ‘This was an aberrancy that was stopped almost five months ago.’
- ‘But they exhibit some notable aberrancy.’
- ‘The latter explanation appears more plausible, because only 12 of 25 cases displayed this aberrancy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.