One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Why, we have been sitting here for hours while you should be abed!’
- ‘Goodness me, are Kitty and Aunt Patience still abed at this hour?’
- ‘I lay abed an hour longer than usual again this morning and I'm moving kinda slow.’
- ‘I have long held that sleeping and lying abed are the principal foundations for the good life.’
- ‘The next day, while everyone was still abed, I left.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.