Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical operation involving the removal of excess flesh from the abdomen.
- ‘Liposuction, tummy tuck or abdominoplasty are the types of abdominal plastic surgeries.’
- ‘The standard abdominoplasty is a large procedure requiring two to four days hospitalisation.’
- ‘The patient may seek consultation with a plastic surgeon for a face lift, mammoplasty, or abdominoplasty for removal of excess skin.’
- ‘In a traditional abdominoplasty, an incision is made along the bikini line from hip to hip, the loose skin is removed, the muscles are tightened and the incision is sealed.’
- ‘In addition to looking better in their clothes with the help of abdominoplasty, more men are also seeking facial rejuvenation with face-lifts, eyelid surgery and brow-lifts.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.