Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A surgical operation involving the removal of excess flesh from the abdomen.
- ‘The patient may seek consultation with a plastic surgeon for a face lift, mammoplasty, or abdominoplasty for removal of excess skin.’
- ‘The standard abdominoplasty is a large procedure requiring two to four days hospitalisation.’
- ‘In addition to looking better in their clothes with the help of abdominoplasty, more men are also seeking facial rejuvenation with face-lifts, eyelid surgery and brow-lifts.’
- ‘Liposuction, tummy tuck or abdominoplasty are the types of abdominal plastic surgeries.’
- ‘In a traditional abdominoplasty, an incision is made along the bikini line from hip to hip, the loose skin is removed, the muscles are tightened and the incision is sealed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.