One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(as) easy (or simple) as ABC
Extremely easy.‘economics can be as simple as ABC’
simple, not difficult, straightforward, clear, accessible, direct, undemanding, unexacting, unchallenging, unsophisticated, trouble-free, painless, effortless, easy, facile, elementary, idiot-proof, plain sailing, a five-finger exercise, nothingView synonyms
- ‘The dazzler was John, for whom kindness and consideration towards his customers in the restaurant is as easy as ABC.’
- ‘The campaign won't be as easy as ABC for the youngsters, but he is determined to put them at their ease.’
- ‘Signals are as easy as ABC for the trader with the right tools and know-how.’
- ‘The website makes comparing and switching as easy as ABC.’
- ‘With our new guide, CPU overclocking will be as easy as ABC!’
- ‘Being a woman and staying healthy is not, it turns out, as easy as ABC.’
- ‘The pop quiz was as simple as ABC.’
- ‘‘If life was as simple as ABC or 123, there wouldn't be that frown on your face,’ an unfamiliar voice sounded behind her.’
- ‘She says teaching children to read is as easy as ABC.’
- ‘To them, preventing HIV infection is as simple as ABC - A for Abstinence, B for Being faithful and C for Condoms.’
1American Broadcasting Company.
2Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
An American-born person of Chinese descent.‘like many ABCs, his identity is a tapestry’
- ‘If it has taught us one central lesson, it may well be that the world known as Chinese America is populated with all of us - women, men, FOBs, and ABCs - and together we can better achieve our vision for tomorrow.’
- ‘I'm a little surprised when an ABC has bad grammar.’
- ‘Though some ABCs want to be recognized as "real Chinese," I don't.’
Relating to or denoting American-born people of Chinese descent.‘some ABC parents send their children to Chinese language schools’
- ‘David said he was ABC, American Born Chinese.’
- ‘I have an ABC friend who speaks much worse Chinese than me, but nobody pushes her to switch to English when they talk with her.’
1970s: from the initial letters of American-born Chinese.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.