One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He tells that story, without abashment, with pride almost, but then being who he is he can get away with it.’
- ‘Her cheeks growing red, she looked to Adam, and brushing aside her own abashment, revealed, ‘We've heard all about your recent adventures, and my, my, have you two ever been busy!’’
- ‘Lorelei looked down onto her hands in abashment.’
- ‘He stopped and crossed his eyes, his expression conveying abashment.’
- ‘She herself is having trouble accepting the rush of success, smiling with some abashment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.