One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An abdominal muscle.
- ‘He was wearing a tight black shirt that showed off his nice abs and muscles.’
- ‘He was dressed in a tight white T-shirt that flaunted his abs, and his muscular arms.’
- ‘I'm coached on how to bend down by contracting my abs and curving my rib cage in.’
- ‘People find a muscular physique with great abs a very attractive and irresistible package.’
- ‘As you pull the bar down, keep your abs contracted and shoulder blades down.’
- ‘Feel the isometric engagement of core muscles from your upper abs down through your quads.’
- ‘Draw your shoulder blades down and back, using the abs to keep the torso erect, neck long and chest lifted.’
- ‘She is into animal rights, she says, and a vegan and is pretty fit herself, she adds, demonstrating flexed forearms, biceps and abs.’
- ‘Your back and hip muscles join in to assist your abs in holding your torso still as your legs move.’
- ‘She contracts her abs, curling her pelvis up and bringing her knees toward her chest.’
- ‘Keeping torso lifted, contract abs to draw tailbone down until you feel a stretch in the front of your left hip.’
- ‘Nothing gets more attention than a muscular body complete with exploding muscle and chiseled abs.’
- ‘With each of these exercises, keep your abs contracted, shoulder blades back and down.’
- ‘Contract abs, dropping tailbone to stabilize torso against ball, then straighten legs.’
- ‘To help achieve this position, contract your lower abs and tilt your pelvis forward.’
- ‘Nope, when you go to the gym you're thinking bigger biceps, chiseled chest, tighter abs.’
- ‘Tighten your abs and glutes, keeping your pelvis down, and lift one leg off the floor.’
- ‘Like any muscles, abs respond well to being worked slowly.’
- ‘This exercise works the hip flexors, lower abs and thighs, and increases kick strength.’
- ‘He was not wearing a shirt at all, his biceps noticeably muscular and his 6-pack abs too.’
(in the Jewish calendar) the eleventh month of the civil and fifth of the religious year, usually coinciding with parts of July and August.
From Hebrew 'āḇ.
A human blood type (in the ABO system) containing both the A and B antigens. In blood transfusion, a person with blood of this group is a potential universal recipient.
2Alberta (in official postal use).
3US Bachelor of Arts.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.