One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to the biblical priest Aaron.
- ‘Still we kept on, and our boys went through scouts, and the first two passed twelve years of age and held the Aaronic Priesthood.’
- ‘Most are familiar with the beginning of the Aaronic blessing; "May the Lord bless you and keep you" (Numbers 6:24).’
- ‘In this and the next verse, the apostle specifies some of the respects in which our High Priest is superior to the priests of the Aaronic order.’
- ‘The revolt was successful, with the altar reconsecrated and worship restored under a high priest of undoubted Aaronic descent.’
- ‘At the same time Dan had begun receiving instructions in preparation to receive the Mormon version of the Aaronic (Levitical) priesthood.’
- 1.1 Relating to or characteristic of a high priest.‘the Aaronic priesthood’
clerical, pastoral, priestlike, canonical, ecclesiasticalView synonyms
- ‘I saw several men of the highest eminence sporting beards Aaronic.’
Mid 17th century: from Aaron + -ic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.