One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Completely different from.‘her thoughtful manner is a world away from brash Alex’
- ‘The job was a world away from his work at the time, as a child psychiatrist.’
- ‘Their grandparents were only a 15-minute drive but a world away from the harsh neighborhood where the children lived.’
- ‘Such style and courtesy, and great drinks, are a world away from the arrogance and snobbery of modern day party bars which invariably close after six months.’
- ‘This is the new politics, a world away from old Westminster.’
- ‘The bubbly decor, playful graphics, and bright colours seemed so very modern, and a world away from archetypal greasy spoon cafes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.