Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Seven days after the specified day or date.‘we'll be back a week on Friday’
- ‘An announcement is expected to be made a week on Wednesday.’
- ‘The first Test begins in Brisbane a week on Saturday.’
- ‘A week on Sunday they are at home to Farsley in the cup.’
- ‘He's completely changed his plans and will have to move in a week on Wednesday, when the influenza will have gone.’
- ‘The Knights' next game is against National League Two leaders Keighley at Huntington Stadium a week on Sunday.’
- ‘Leicester's next match is against Leeds a week on Wednesday.’
- ‘The Olympic flame, which left Athens on June 2, will arrive in London from Paris a week on Saturday.’
- ‘They entertain Lyon a week on Wednesday in their second group encounter.’
- ‘Meanwhile, goalkeeper Chris Porter will be given his first City start against Yeovil Town a week on Saturday.’
- ‘The first house warming party is being held a week on Saturday.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.