One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Seven days after the specified day or date.‘we'll be back a week on Friday’
- ‘Meanwhile, goalkeeper Chris Porter will be given his first City start against Yeovil Town a week on Saturday.’
- ‘The Knights' next game is against National League Two leaders Keighley at Huntington Stadium a week on Sunday.’
- ‘The first Test begins in Brisbane a week on Saturday.’
- ‘Leicester's next match is against Leeds a week on Wednesday.’
- ‘A week on Sunday they are at home to Farsley in the cup.’
- ‘The first house warming party is being held a week on Saturday.’
- ‘The Olympic flame, which left Athens on June 2, will arrive in London from Paris a week on Saturday.’
- ‘An announcement is expected to be made a week on Wednesday.’
- ‘They entertain Lyon a week on Wednesday in their second group encounter.’
- ‘He's completely changed his plans and will have to move in a week on Wednesday, when the influenza will have gone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.