One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjectiveMusic
(especially as a direction) in the previous or original tempo.
- ‘The ‘tutti’ that follows is also marked ‘a tempo’.’
- ‘These were played a tempo and quite speedily.’
- ‘Performers who play every note a tempo and with the same emphasis sound mechanical.’
- ‘The third and fourth movements were taken at a rather quick tempo altogether, with the furtive cello melody at the beginning played a tempo each time.’
- ‘The second theme, introduced by the cellos, is played a tempo.’
Italian, literally ‘in time’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.