One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) stupid or slightly mad.‘he's a stubby short of a six pack but a real good bloke’
- ‘I'll be the first to admit that there are few Aussies that are a stubby short of a six pack.’
- ‘That Rooke woman's a stubby short of a six-pack.’
- ‘I'm sure there are some that will think I'm a stubby short of a six pack by printing this, but I can't help what I believe.’
- ‘You'd have to be a stubby short of a six pack to miss the show this weekend!’
- ‘He, of course, was his usual stubby short of a six-pack, only failing to let a try in through the referee's whistle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.