One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short distance.‘the Sea Life Centre is just a stone's throw from the sea itself’
- ‘The Republican Party will hold its convention in New York in early September, literally a stone's throw from Ground Zero.’
- ‘Picture Strip malls, busy roads and fast food joints, all located within a stone's throw of the practice field.’
- ‘But the problems at that club stem from a needless move to a new home a stone's throw from Filbert Street.’
- ‘There are five hotels and at least 30 pubs within a stone's throw of the hotel.’
- ‘All three of them live within a stone's throw of each other in the Bradford area and if Yorkshire manage to restore their pride this season then the local trio will have had much to do with it.’
- ‘Germany is the host and Poland is a stone's throw away from Hanover, site of their June 20 matchup.’
- ‘The furthest patch of ground is only a stone's throw away from the Heritage Amphitheatre Stage and the sound quality of the venue is superb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.