One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A short distance.‘the Sea Life Centre is just a stone's throw from the sea itself’
- ‘Germany is the host and Poland is a stone's throw away from Hanover, site of their June 20 matchup.’
- ‘The furthest patch of ground is only a stone's throw away from the Heritage Amphitheatre Stage and the sound quality of the venue is superb.’
- ‘All three of them live within a stone's throw of each other in the Bradford area and if Yorkshire manage to restore their pride this season then the local trio will have had much to do with it.’
- ‘The Republican Party will hold its convention in New York in early September, literally a stone's throw from Ground Zero.’
- ‘But the problems at that club stem from a needless move to a new home a stone's throw from Filbert Street.’
- ‘Picture Strip malls, busy roads and fast food joints, all located within a stone's throw of the practice field.’
- ‘There are five hotels and at least 30 pubs within a stone's throw of the hotel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.