One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person) stupid or slightly mad.‘he reacted in a manner which clearly showed that he was a shingle short’
- ‘I'm afraid my grandson is a shingle short.’
- ‘You must be a shingle short to ask what he's about!’
- ‘I'm not keen on someone who's a shingle short living so close to my kids.’
- ‘He had had to undergo a lot of abuse, and his fellow-dairymen had looked upon him as a man who was a shingle short.’
- ‘This lad was regarded in the town as being called 'a shingle short'.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.