One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
with negative More than the slightest consideration.‘the admiral dismissed the rumour without a second thought’
- ‘Thousands of us travel over the River Kent every day without giving a second thought to the bridges beneath our feet and car wheels.’
- ‘She stayed for about an hour then left without saying goodbye to us but I assumed it was because we were so busy and never gave it a second thought.’
- ‘My sister was left without this money, the weekend before Christmas, without a second thought.’
- ‘There are many others who continue to commit crimes without a second thought.’
- ‘I didn't give it a second thought until this evening, when I cast off my suit and resumed my barefoot existence.’
- ‘They commented again on her potential, but waved her off without a second thought.’
- ‘Without a second thought, you'd probably compress the file and send it off.’
- ‘I would hope that when the council cabinet meets to consider this, they turn it down without a second thought.’
- ‘My son was quite ill and, as I don't drive, I called Mick and he took us to my doctors in Ashford without a second thought.’
- ‘I bet none of the stuffed shirts inside give him a second thought.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.