One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to ask someone what they are thinking about.
- ‘So, a penny for your thoughts here: what criteria, if any, should be applied in selecting names?’
- ‘I haven't heard anyone say that for years - a penny for your thoughts.’
- ‘Next time someone offers you a penny for your thoughts… sell!’
- ‘It's in this book that we find the earliest known citation of the line, "A penny for your thoughts."’
- ‘When did the phrase "a penny for your thoughts" originate?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.