One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person, typically a child, who has to be looked after and fed.‘how can they afford another mouth to feed?’
- ‘With less income, many prospective mothers fear another mouth to feed.’
- ‘It does not matter to him now whether or not the baby is male or female because it would just be one more mouth to feed.’
- ‘Her step father gloated about how he got rid of a mouth to feed and how he didn't have to pay taxes for another three years!’
- ‘I would rather not have another mouth to feed.’
- ‘For me, you are a mouth to feed, less important than the donkey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.