One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person, typically a child, who has to be looked after and fed.‘how can they afford another mouth to feed?’
- ‘I would rather not have another mouth to feed.’
- ‘Her step father gloated about how he got rid of a mouth to feed and how he didn't have to pay taxes for another three years!’
- ‘With less income, many prospective mothers fear another mouth to feed.’
- ‘For me, you are a mouth to feed, less important than the donkey.’
- ‘It does not matter to him now whether or not the baby is male or female because it would just be one more mouth to feed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.