One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A relationship or pairing where each member perfectly complements the other.‘you and your guy are a match made in heaven’‘the balance of music and writing skills is definitely a marriage made in heaven’
- ‘He describes their relationship as "a marriage made in heaven".’
- ‘It was a huge relief when Tracy said yes and now the pair is bound to be a match made in heaven.’
- ‘Mustard and ketchup are a match made in heaven!’
- ‘Take a class for the bride and groom's first dance, and you can show you're a match made in heaven with the footwork to prove it.’
- ‘One simple, tasty starter involves serving asparagus with soft-boiled eggs—a marriage made in heaven.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.