One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A situation in which everyone has a fair and equal chance of succeeding.‘they are still not providing a level playing field in terms of opportunities for women’
- ‘This also embarrasses me because it implies that people like me can't compete in the job market on a level playing field.’
- ‘Like most athletes, I want to know that I'm competing on a level playing field.’
- ‘Girls and boys are finally equal and studying together on a level playing field.’
- ‘Sport places the poor on a level playing field with rich nations since talent is all that matters.’
- ‘This would create a level playing field and make the system fairer.’
- ‘When it comes to access to information, not everyone's looking for a level playing field.’
- ‘The imposition of a salary cap and other technical measures are explicitly designed to ensure a level playing field.’
- ‘It will be interesting to go to the new circuit as it puts everyone back on a level playing field.’
- ‘There is perhaps no more level playing field in business than the Internet.’
- ‘It's about citizens demanding a level playing field in our political arena.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.