One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
abbreviationin phrase get one's a into g
Start to do something with energy, determination, or speed.‘I really need to get my a into g and work on my folio’
- ‘I just have to put my A into G and focus in on getting back as quick as I can.’
- ‘Then councils got their A into G and started notifying owners of buildings that required additional strengthening to bring them up to compliance standards.’
- ‘To ensure they get their A into G and work off their debt, interest needs to accumulate on the total fine as well.’
- ‘I've always wished I was part of it, so this year I finally got my A into G and submitted an application on time.’
- ‘A detailed itinerary will appear soon, when I get my A into G and put some travelogue pages up.’
Short for get one's arse into gear.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.