One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Assistance.‘she was always ready to lend a helping hand’
assistance, aid, a helping hand, support, succour, advice, guidance, solutionView synonyms
- ‘She was a wonderful neighbour and friend and loved to lend a helping hand and words of encouragement.’
- ‘Billy and John are great supporters of the guild always ready to lend a helping hand.’
- ‘Jim was a good-hearted and kind man, who always had time to lend a helping hand or stop and chat.’
- ‘A good and kind neighbour, Josie always liked to lend a helping hand and sound advice.’
- ‘The Asian diplomatic community has lent a helping hand to the students.’
- ‘He seemed to always know just exactly what to say and he was always ready to lend a helping hand to anyone.’
- ‘Around midnight however the skies lent a helping hand with a steady drizzle.’
- ‘People who lived in a community all knew each other and lent a helping hand whenever they could.’
- ‘The bank realized that during this difficult situation it had to lend them a helping hand.’
- ‘She was a fine neighbour who could always be relied on to lend a helping hand and good advice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.