One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fair chance.‘he didn't get a fair suck of the sav’
- ‘All we want is a fair suck of the sav, mate.’
- ‘Are other motorsports getting a fair suck of the sav?’
- ‘The nannies have stayed a while; fair suck of the sav mate, it's time they went home.’
- ‘"We're with ya! Now come on folks, give him a chance! Fair suck of the sav, let the man speak!"’
- ‘As one lawyer puts it, appellants may not be getting "a fair suck of the sav".’
- ‘What everyone really wants is a fair suck of the sav.’
- ‘Kiwis want there to be a fair shake of the sav.’
- ‘It was a blue day in hell if the respondent ever got a fair suck of the sav.’
- ‘By providing an even hand and the perception of allowing everyone a fair suck of the sav, the company is avoiding the pitfalls of being seen to micro-manage.’
- ‘He is going to make a complaint to the press council, saying he didnt get a fair suck of the sav, at the last election.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.