One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very long time.‘the best I've seen in a dog's age’
- ‘I'm going to have to stop uploading pictures to this site soon or the front page will take a dog's age to load.’
- ‘It was some of the funniest stuff I'd seen in a dog's age.’
- ‘If you've never seen them before, or haven't seen them in a dog's age, then check out that link.’
- ‘I haven't actually listened to his speech in a dog's age, but my recollection is that his phrasing actually went like this.’
- ‘Later that same Sunday, I went to the first major comix/sci-fi convention to come to Boston in a dog's age.’
- ‘You see, lead in high enough amounts is toxic to the extreme, not to mention fatal, which is why it hasn't been used in a dog's age.’
- ‘I was out running last-minute errands this afternoon and ran into a guy I used to work with who I haven't seen in a dog's age.’
- ‘So I've resolved to make use of my day by actually writing some of the stupid top-secret fiction thing which has been hanging albatross-like around my neck for a dog's age.’
- ‘They are taking a dog's age to sort out getting me a tenant and as I passed the six-month anniversary of not living there any more I thought it was time to get someone else on the case.’
- ‘I'd known him for a dog's age but a little bit of Jer went a long way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.