One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A situation that is unpleasant or very difficult to deal with.‘he's had a cow of a season’
- ‘The shooting with the Bren was rotten and on the whole I had a cow of a day as an instructor.’
- ‘It did work quite well once it was finally set up, but that it was a cow of a job to get there.’
- ‘It's a cow of an idea but it works.’
- ‘It was a cow of a time on the Pyrenean roads of the Tour de France.’
- ‘One of them has had a cow of a day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.