One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Much better than others of a similar kind.‘his songs were definitely a class apart’
- ‘The food, though, remained a class apart, as I found when I ordered the roulade of smoked salmon and lemon sole.’
- ‘Despite not being a big fan of rainbow trout fisheries, I found Menteith to be a class apart from any that I had visited.’
- ‘But things of beauty are invaluable and the handmade articles are a class apart, he says.’
- ‘For Ricky Ponting's Australians were simply a class apart.’
- ‘Preparing for his sixth Ashes campaign, but still a class apart, McGrath was the constant menace at the top of the order.’
- ‘Imperious, elegant, unruffled, he was a class apart.’
- ‘Table lamps, dining table made of wood and the summer and rain caps made of bamboo were a class apart.’
- ‘Among professional institutions, the new apex institutions are considered to be in a class apart.’
- ‘I think the sides who currently occupy the top six, Hull, Oxford, Doncaster, Yeovil, Swansea and ourselves are a class apart.’
- ‘Imagination, innovation and the will to be a class apart - he has all these in full measure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.