One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of unfortunate events.‘the whole affair has been a chapter of accidents from start to finish’
series, sequence, succession, string, chain, progression, set, course, cycleView synonyms
- ‘‘The life of each of us is a chapter of accidents,’ Gray claims, and we are no less predisposed to genocide than we are to art, medicine or prayer.’
- ‘This is not a case of a chapter of accidents or a comedy of errors.’
- ‘The whole scheme is a chapter of accidents waiting to happen.’
- ‘Scorched, soaked and scavenged, Robinson's paintings are a testimony to modern life as a chapter of accidents, where menace mingles with grief, and aggression with abjection.’
- ‘In what was described as a chapter of accidents, firemen had to break office windows to gain access to three Land Rovers at the terminal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.