One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of unfortunate events.‘the whole affair has been a chapter of accidents from start to finish’
series, sequence, succession, string, chain, progression, set, course, cycleView synonyms
- ‘This is not a case of a chapter of accidents or a comedy of errors.’
- ‘Scorched, soaked and scavenged, Robinson's paintings are a testimony to modern life as a chapter of accidents, where menace mingles with grief, and aggression with abjection.’
- ‘The whole scheme is a chapter of accidents waiting to happen.’
- ‘In what was described as a chapter of accidents, firemen had to break office windows to gain access to three Land Rovers at the terminal.’
- ‘‘The life of each of us is a chapter of accidents,’ Gray claims, and we are no less predisposed to genocide than we are to art, medicine or prayer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.