One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of unfortunate events.‘the whole affair has been a chapter of accidents from start to finish’
series, sequence, succession, string, chain, progression, set, course, cycleView synonyms
- ‘In what was described as a chapter of accidents, firemen had to break office windows to gain access to three Land Rovers at the terminal.’
- ‘‘The life of each of us is a chapter of accidents,’ Gray claims, and we are no less predisposed to genocide than we are to art, medicine or prayer.’
- ‘Scorched, soaked and scavenged, Robinson's paintings are a testimony to modern life as a chapter of accidents, where menace mingles with grief, and aggression with abjection.’
- ‘The whole scheme is a chapter of accidents waiting to happen.’
- ‘This is not a case of a chapter of accidents or a comedy of errors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.