One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Even a person of low status or importance has rights.
- ‘On the principle that a cat may look at a king, the picture may be painted from the view-point of the humblest observer.’
- ‘The cat is pleasantly impertinent to the king and Alice notes that a cat may look at a king, so he isn't being uncivil.’
- ‘It is devoted to the proposition that if a cat may look at a king, a thief may win and woo a princess, with plenty of wizardry to help him.’
- ‘But where these spiritual icons look deep into our eyes, the King's Minister stares haughtily out, allowing us to look at him… as a cat may look at a king.’
- ‘Still, as they say - appropriately for the visual media - a cat may look at a king.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.