One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very great deal of.‘there's a world of difference between being alone and being lonely’‘a bit of country air will do her the world of good’
huge amount, vast amount, enormous amount, good deal, great deal, abundance, wealth, profusion, mountain, immensityView synonyms
- ‘The association can rightly claim to have made a world of difference to many tragic young lives.’
- ‘I think there's a world of difference between an arranged marriage and a forced marriage.’
- ‘It takes very little effort to do this and it can make a world of difference to the people around them.’
- ‘A simple nod, a raise of the hand or a flash of headlights can make the world of difference.’
- ‘There will always be a world of difference in taste and texture between any farmed fish and its wild relation.’
- ‘A rare flower can make a world of difference to the aroma, flavour and colour of honey.’
- ‘I have been keeping myself to myself a bit recently, and it has actually done me the world of good.’
- ‘I made good use of the pool and it made the world of difference to me and the baby.’
- ‘There is a world of difference between fact and opinion, and sometimes the two can get easily confused.’
- ‘Having the right pair to suit your feet and your activity can make the world of difference.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.