One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Entirely; completely.‘I'm not a hundred per cent sure’
absolutely, completely, totally, fully, whollyView synonyms
- ‘It has its advantages, but I don't think it's a hundred per cent a good thing.’
- ‘Addressing a packed press conference he said: ‘I am one hundred per cent responsible for this loss.’’
- 1.1informal usually with negative Completely fit and healthy.‘she did not feel one hundred per cent’
- 1.2informal Maximum effort and commitment.‘he always gave one hundred per cent for United’
- ‘However for the last 3-4 years it seems that giving a hundred per cent is an occasional bonus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.