One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An annual agricultural fair organized by the Agricultural and Pastoral Association.‘the A & P show is the main event in my city’
- ‘It's like an A&P show but really, really small and with only a food tent and some rides.’
- ‘Spend half your week visiting factories, shopping malls, A&P shows.’
- ‘He will yet again be a prime contender for the major spoils at the Stratford A&P Show on Saturday.’
- ‘He is looking forward to pulling his own motorhome out for Easter's event at the Mosgiel A&P Show grounds.’
- ‘Outlying Canterbury Primary Schools were given the opportunity to compete in livestock judging, similar to what they would experience at an A&P Show.’
- ‘It's day two of Canterbury's much loved event, the Canterbury A&P Show.’
- ‘They like the image of a local guy selling his wares at the A&P show.’
- ‘Organisers of the A&P show have apologised for an incident which saw a 20-metre-high inflatable slide collapse injuring six children in Wairarapa yesterday.’
- ‘It's believed a four-month-old baby was among several people injured at a windy Northern A&P Show in Rangiora on Saturday.’
- ‘Apart from animal classes and competitions, entertainment for families and children is a critical part of any A&P Show.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.