Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An annual agricultural fair organized by the Agricultural and Pastoral Association.‘the A & P show is the main event in my city’
- ‘It's believed a four-month-old baby was among several people injured at a windy Northern A&P Show in Rangiora on Saturday.’
- ‘Spend half your week visiting factories, shopping malls, A&P shows.’
- ‘They like the image of a local guy selling his wares at the A&P show.’
- ‘It's day two of Canterbury's much loved event, the Canterbury A&P Show.’
- ‘It's like an A&P show but really, really small and with only a food tent and some rides.’
- ‘Outlying Canterbury Primary Schools were given the opportunity to compete in livestock judging, similar to what they would experience at an A&P Show.’
- ‘He is looking forward to pulling his own motorhome out for Easter's event at the Mosgiel A&P Show grounds.’
- ‘He will yet again be a prime contender for the major spoils at the Stratford A&P Show on Saturday.’
- ‘Apart from animal classes and competitions, entertainment for families and children is a critical part of any A&P Show.’
- ‘Organisers of the A&P show have apologised for an incident which saw a 20-metre-high inflatable slide collapse injuring six children in Wairarapa yesterday.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.