One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thing or person that is not to be ignored or underestimated.‘the trade unions were a political force to be reckoned with’
important, of considerable importance, not to be ignored, significant, considerableView synonyms
- ‘This youngster is a force to reckon with in the sub-junior and junior categories.’
- ‘Put the two together, and you have a force to reckon with.’
- ‘For all the reasons I've stated, my mother is a woman to reckon with but none of these are the reasons why I think my mother is a very special human being.’
- ‘The vitality of the Vietnamese economy and its superb growth rates are making Vietnam an economic force to be reckoned with.’
- ‘We will be a force to be reckoned with.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.