Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1A standard European size of paper, 297 × 210 mm.as modifier ‘an A4 page’
- ‘The questionnaire, on one side of A4 paper, asks people to express their opinions on what matters to them about the village.’
- ‘Posters are to be A4 in size with the name clearly written on the front and the address on the back.’
- 1.1 A4 paper.‘several sheets of A4’
- ‘I've somehow got through a mountain of paperwork (suffice it to say that I have used an entire 500 sheet pack of A4).’
- ‘The CV is important because you can outline skills and experience far easier on A4 than you can on a business card!’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.