Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1[mass noun] A standard European size of paper, 420 × 297 mm.[as modifier] ‘A3 posters’
- ‘The farmers' market takes place every fortnight and Mrs Lupton said they have put up yellow A3 posters for the last year.’
- ‘Attached to the piece was a sheet of A3 paper folded in half so as to resemble an open magazine.’
- ‘The leaflets, A3 in size, were handed over to the council.’
- 1.1A3 paper.‘a prospectus printed on A3’
- ‘I hadn't yet worked out that you can fold A3 in half and make it into double the amount of A4.’
- ‘The 250MHz processor and standard 32MB allows the 8150 to rip through even complex graphics jobs and it can print up to 1,200x1,200 dots per inch on A3 or A4.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.