Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in the UK except Scotland) an examination or pass at A2 level, representing the second component of an A-level qualification.
- ‘Of those 100 students interviewed, those studying for AS / A2 levels had attained the highest GCSE / GNVQ results.’
- ‘Nelson and Colne College offer theatre studies to A2 level.’
- ‘Students sit AS exams at the end of the lower sixth and choose three or four subjects to study in the upper sixth at A2 level.’
- ‘What topics are studied at AS and A2 level?’
- ‘From experience students require a grade A in mathematics at A2 level to be able to cope with the mathematical content of the physics courses abroad.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.