Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in the UK except Scotland) an examination or pass at A2 level, representing the second component of an A-level qualification.
- ‘From experience students require a grade A in mathematics at A2 level to be able to cope with the mathematical content of the physics courses abroad.’
- ‘Nelson and Colne College offer theatre studies to A2 level.’
- ‘Of those 100 students interviewed, those studying for AS / A2 levels had attained the highest GCSE / GNVQ results.’
- ‘Students sit AS exams at the end of the lower sixth and choose three or four subjects to study in the upper sixth at A2 level.’
- ‘What topics are studied at AS and A2 level?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.