Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Autumn/winter (denoting or relating to fashion designed for the autumn and winter seasons of a particular year)‘his A/W 2013 womenswear collection was hailed a resounding success’‘make sure you're on board with the A/W must-have—a trouser suit’
- ‘They will be launching their A/W collection of shirts in September and it promises to be an exciting new addition to their range.’
- ‘The A/W 03 collection is unmistakeably Italian in design, with textured fabrics, smart bold edging, and fashionable collars and cuffs.’
- ‘I loved the makeup at the Giorgio Armani A/W 09 show.’
- ‘Man-made or real fur was everywhere on the catwalks for A/W.’
- ‘Following Stella McCartney's collection, Phoebe Philo's A/W 2005-6 for Chloe was equally spectacular.’
- ‘The A/W colours are ideal for those searching for effortless style.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.