Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Wonderful reviews... I'll send you stats of all the notices.’
- ‘And I get a link back to that gambling site appearing in my stats, which don't get indexed by any search engine.’
- ‘Evolution's stat engine lets you analyze your tendencies and improve your techniques.’
- ‘The Hall has never barred anyone who is eligible and set the record for a significant stat.’
- ‘The most interesting thing about stats pages is not the number of hits received but the bit that tells you where people come from.’
- ‘Liddle had no source for that clever stat, but it doesn't matter.’
- ‘Nonetheless, I figured the benefits to you outweigh any unhappiness reduced page view stats bring to me.’
- ‘All campaigns are sent individually, with no sharing, and you receive a stats report at the end of the campaign.’
- ‘Safety stats show that you are twice as likely to have a mishap at a local FBO than with an aero club.’
- ‘Now most people would read that stat, be a bit shocked and turn the page, but not Dr Russell P Fitton III.’
- ‘With this stat, Maxim joins the elite ranks of Cosmo, Glamour and a handful of other titles that thrive at the newsstand.’
- ‘Let's take the first stat in the first bullet point.’
- ‘Thanks to the PGA Tour's new ShotLink statistical program, stat geeks around the world can revel in this type of information.’
- ‘While the stats paint a troubling picture, the profession is taking steps to help mitigate the problem.’
- ‘Adding tracking to the site gives stats on the pages people have come from.’
- ‘I don't scrutinize my stats page to see from where and with what link people are reading my blog.’
- ‘Why is the correlation between this stat and winning so great?’
- ‘That's what got my stroke average under 70 for the first time - the stat that matters most.’
- ‘Another mildly interesting stat was the fraction of papers submitted from Europe - 44.6%.’
- ‘Crawford still makes too many outs, an important stat that receives far too little attention inside and outside the game.’
- ‘If you look here for the Downloadable Tools page, you can download a nice, free stat program.’
- ‘The Mat stat is a simple, economic thermostat, designed to be used with heat mats to a maximum of 100 watts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.