One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Put a hood on or over.‘she was forced into a car, hooded, and taken to a cell’
- ‘Basically they kicked down his door, rifled through his things, hooded him, and dragged him away.’
- ‘In Camp Delta, this means shackling inmates for 20 hours a day, while hooding and beating them.’
- ‘These sources say the prisoners there are hooded from the moment they are captured.’
- ‘The men were hooded and handcuffed and taken to a former torture centre.’
- ‘He said the accused had also known she would recognise him so he added to her trauma by hooding himself, and to make sure he was not seen, had thrown a towel over her head.’
- ‘From the moment they are captured, prisoners are hooded, shackled and accorded no rights whatsoever.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.