One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Put a hood on or over.‘she was forced into a car, hooded, and taken to a cell’
- ‘The men were hooded and handcuffed and taken to a former torture centre.’
- ‘Basically they kicked down his door, rifled through his things, hooded him, and dragged him away.’
- ‘From the moment they are captured, prisoners are hooded, shackled and accorded no rights whatsoever.’
- ‘These sources say the prisoners there are hooded from the moment they are captured.’
- ‘He said the accused had also known she would recognise him so he added to her trauma by hooding himself, and to make sure he was not seen, had thrown a towel over her head.’
- ‘In Camp Delta, this means shackling inmates for 20 hours a day, while hooding and beating them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.