Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Plot or trace on a graph.
plot, trace, draw up, delineateView synonyms
- ‘Some or all of the statistics should be graphed over time.’
- ‘Students can use graphing calculators or computers to solve calculus problems and to explore many different kinds of mathematical behavior.’
- ‘One fourth grade teacher designed the following mathematics project to incorporate measurement, statistics and graphing.’
- ‘The profile summarizes students' strengths and weaknesses and facilitates interpretation of the data, by graphing the scores from the scoring form.’
- ‘I was in my usual spot in the library, graphing an inverse parabola, when a shadow fell over me.’
- ‘Specifically, we graphed a 3-day moving average of temperatures.’
- ‘The fourth recommendation advocates the use of mathematical software or graphing calculators.’
- ‘I went back to my own locker and spent the next hour and a half working on a sheet of old Kinetics equations and graphing exponential functions to get me ready for class.’
- ‘In the next graph the monthly price of Gold is graphed versus the U.S. money supply.’
- ‘A frequency ranking of student graphing errors indicates that graphing problems are related to a combination of factors involving the software, the student, and the instruction.’
- ‘Time series data such as changes in the elevation of Lake Michigan over the year, or changes in the number of bacteria per ml over a day, should be graphed as a line graph.’
- ‘Incidentally, I graphed the statistics for US passports issued per year.’
- ‘The data is then graphed in an x - y comparison plot.’
- ‘Distributions of important variables were graphed and summary statistics calculated.’
- ‘Median scores were graphed by class for all survey administration times.’
- ‘There are also some related activities, such as organizing the derivative values in a table and graphing the results, that the students perform by hand with paper and pencil.’
- ‘Statistical software with graphing capabilities is readily available and easy to use.’
- ‘We carefully examined each of the 134 graphs and tallied errors on a checklist of common graphing errors we developed.’
- ‘However, graphing the data this way also further separates the data in the wrong direction.’
- ‘By graphing these responses, the team worked out the exact size of each subject's working memory.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.