One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to genes.‘a genic mutation’
- ‘The simplest case involving natural selection is genic selection in the absence of extinction and recolonization.’
- ‘More generally, there is a need to discriminate between the effects of chromosomal rearrangements and linked genic incompatibilities in both plants and animals.’
- ‘This, in turn, should help us identify selective forces that act within genes and thereby understand which genic features are of functional significance.’
- ‘Therefore, different grass lineages show lineage-specific patterns of local evolution in genic and intergenic sequences.’
- ‘Reproductive isolation is often caused by the disruption of genic interactions that evolve in geographically separate populations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.