One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Treat (metal) by heating, hammering, and forging it.‘tin-bronze was cast into ingots before being smithed into bracelets’
- ‘Evidence for smithing includes crucibles, and moulds for plain copper-alloy pins.’
- ‘In addition, almost all of them are involved in secondary work such as trade, smithing (working with metals), or tailoring.’
- ‘Stoner had even taking the time to teach some of the men basic weapon smithing techniques.’
- ‘Almost undoubtedly, dwarves had had something to do with its creation; only the short folk could possible be skilled enough to smith the metal so perfectly.’
- ‘Families built and repaired their own houses and barns, mended their own tools and harness, sometimes smithed iron and tanned leather.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.