One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The leg side.
- ‘Bradman reached 50 in ninety-three minutes by forcing a ball from Allen to the on for four.’
- ‘Playing a ball pitched on the off stump to the on side was satisfying.’
- ‘He bowled too many loose deliveries down the on side, to batsmen who were strong off their legs, and much of the batting left a lot to be desired.’
- ‘This forced the spinners to bowl a straighter line, and gave him access to the less-protected on side whenever they erred in length.’
- ‘Two balls later, he pulled the same bowler to the on-side for another single.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.